ControlMad Advanced Design Center (Spain) is pleased to announce and organize the "2011 ControlMad International Design Competition: For Your Shoes".FYS The competition invites designers, architects and students to investigate new ideas and concepts for an object or system, that could simply store shoes. It should be a functional, well-designed piece of furniture to store footwear or shoes.
FYS starts as a way of solving a problem present in many houses and young people’s living areas. Nowadays, we have many types of storage furniture for many things, but shoes and footwear have long been neglected. All too commonly they are pushed into the bottom of a wardrobe, at the floor of the entrance or outside, to the balcony. FYS looks for participants, to give shoes a place, a thophy showcase almost, that is more than just a storage piece of furniture, but rather gives them the display they deserve.
- 1. Size and dimensions of the proposal is up to the participant repetitive or variable.
- 2. It can be a unique component or part or a modular system.
- 3. This is an account of different materials you can use: wood boards, MDF, composites, aluminium sheets no thicker than 1.5mm., plastics, polycarbonate, PVC, foamed PVC, polyurethane boards, etc.
- 4. Cost effectiveness of the project will be taken into consideration as part of the judging selection/process.
- 5. You should avoid materials such as ceramics and minerals. Glass and methacrylates can be used in moderation.
- 6. This competition will aim to give the participants enough freedom to address the challenges in the most creative and innovative way, with some premises:
- 7. Projects must consider they will be constructed using a 3 axis milling machine.
- 8. This means that parts can be cut, milled, or both.
- 9. Maximum size of boards: 2440mm. X 1220mm.
- 10. Maximum high of boards: 200mm. (several boards can be milled and glued together in order to get higher lenghts).
- 11. You should avoid materials such as ceramics and minerals. Glass and methacrylates can be used in moderation.
- 12. Selected jury of recognized design practitioners, architects-artists -professors will evaluate the presented projects and announce the finalists (a maximum of 5 and a minimum of 2).
- 13. ControlMad will fabricate 1:1 scale models of the final projects or its most significant part. First Prize, Second Prize and the Honorable Mention will be based on quality of design, funcionality, economy, and real aspect (fabricated), as decided by ControlMad.
- 14. The jury's decision is final.
- 15. The proposals will be sent via email to email@example.com before 24:00 GMT+0:00 (London) on september 15th.
- 16. Work format: 1 pannel A2 (594mm. x 420mm.), orientated horizontal, PDF or JPEG format, of 1 MB maximum size.
- 17. You are free to show your project the best way you prefer. We recommend that your pannel contains one or more images, a materials and constructive system description, and a description of its parts conveniently measured.
- 18. If you are one of the finalists, you will be contacted to send us digital files available for the development of the prototype.
- 19. Controlmad reserves the right to declare the contest not awarded if it is not attained enough degree of quality in the proposals or if they are unfeasible to produce according to the above guidelines.
For further information please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
On behalf ofControlMad
we would like to thank you for your interest in the competition
We are looking forward to receiving your entry.
Thank you and good luck!
C/Ciudad Real 30.
28045 MADRID (SPAIN)