How To Apply for the Solar Decathlon
Is your school team interested in participating in the next U.S. Department of Energy Solar Decathlon? Find out what you need to know to apply below.
Solar Decathlon 2013 Collegiate Teams
The request for proposals (RFP) and RFP amendments for Solar Decathlon 2013 collegiate teams are available below. The following documents are available as Adobe Acrobat PDFs. Download Adobe Reader.
- Solar Decathlon 2013 Request for Proposals (PDF 63 KB)
- Attachment D: School Participation and Release Agreement (PDF 34 KB)
- Attachment E: Appendix A: Statement of Work (PDF 58 KB)
- Attachment F: Index to Subcontract Schedule (PDF 64 KB)
- Attachment G: Appendix B: General Terms and Conditions for Solar Decathlon (Special) (PDF 112 KB)
- Attachment H: Proposal Checklist (PDF 56 KB)
- Attachment I: Appendix C: Intellectual Property Provisions for Solar Decathlon (PDF 138 KB)
Please note the following important dates for the Solar Decathlon 2013 teams RFP:
- Issue date: July 22, 2011
- Due date: Nov. 10, 2011
- Notification date: Dec. 16, 2011.
Colleges, universities, and other post-secondary educational institutions worldwide are welcome to submit proposals. All proposals are reviewed, scored, and ranked. Subject to the quantity and quality of proposals, a limited number of teams will be selected for entry.
Institutions considering the submission of a proposal are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the Solar Decathlon 2011 Rules. Please note that rule changes are typical from one competition to the next. In addition, core team members from prospective schools are encouraged to attend some or all of the 2011 competition to observe the teams in action and learn valuable lessons that can be applied to their own projects.
Please submit questions regarding the RFP process to Becky Dohrn.