Are you a media-savvy journalist or architect familiar with the ins-and-outs of the design world? Do you want to write about art, architecture, urbanism, preservation, or any of the other myriad factors affecting the built environment? Are you based in NYC or willing to relocate? Then read on, as The Architect’s Newspaper is hiring an Assistant Editor.
AN Media Group, the publisher of The Architect’s Newspaper and AN Interior magazine, is currently accepting applications for an Assistant Editor to report to the Executive Editor.
The ideal candidate is self-directed and has an avid interest in architecture, design, urbanism, technology, and related fields, plus work or educational experience in journalism and/or architecture.
The position is full-time, salaried, and based out of our New York City office.
● Pitch and write engaging, relevant copy for daily blog posts
● Participate in copyediting and proofreading
● Attend industry-related events and conferences
● Support day-to-day editorial operations including posting to the website and helping to manage social
media channels as needed.
● Develop and maintain sources and contacts in the architecture and design worlds
● Work with the marketing team on sponsored posts and branded editorial content as required
● Produce content for a daily regional newsletter
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
● 1+ years of experience in an editorial setting
● Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
● Ability to stay on top of local and national news
● Has knowledge of and interest in architecture, urbanism, design, and related fields.
● Attendance at industry events outside work hours is expected
● Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Photoshop, and Adobe InCopy
● Photography skills are a plus
All interested applicants are invited to submit their resume to EricaH@archpaper.com
The Architect’s Newspaper is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, sex, age, national origin, creed, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or political affiliation.