On June 25, Cornell University’s College of Art, Architecture, and Planning (AAP) announced an impressive roster of new faculty members who will be joining the prestigious school—the only within the Ivy League with an architecture department offering Bachelor of Architecture degrees—for the fall 2021 academic year.
Many of the incoming Cornell AAP faculty are names likely familiar to AN readers. Among others, they include Sara Bronin, a Mexican-American attorney, architect, educator, and policymaker specializing in land use, historic preservation, and climate change, who, as noted by AN late last week, has been nominated by the Biden administration to chair the U.S. Advisory Council on Historic Preservation. The list also includes architect, author, and educator Florian Idenburg of New York-based architecture firm SO–IL; Farzin Lotfi-Jam, director of multidisciplinary design practice Farzin Farzin; and Jennifer Newsom and Tom Carruthers, both artists and architects (and partners in life) who serve as co-founding principals of 2018 MoMA Young Architects Program-winning Dream the Combine.
The full list of incoming Cornell AAP faculty, all of whom begin on July 1, is below; bios of each respective new faculty member can be found in Cornell AAP’s news release.
- Sara Bronin | Professor, Department of City and Regional Planning; Associated Member, Cornell Law School
- Jesse LeCavalier | Associate Professor, AAP NYC, Ithaca; Department of Architecture
- David Costanza | Assistant Professor, Department of Architecture
- Suzanne Lettieri | Assistant Professor, Department of Architecture
- Farzin Lotfi-Jam | Assistant Professor, Department of Architecture
- Jennifer Newsom | Assistant Professor, Department of Architecture
- María González Pendás | Assistant Professor, Department of Architecture
- Florian Idenburg | Professor of the Practice, AAP NYC; Department of Architecture
- Tom Carruthers | Assistant Professor of the Practice, Department of Architecture
- Michael Jefferson | Lecturer, Department of Architecture
- Paul Ramírez Jonas | Professor and incoming department chair, Department of Art
- Leeza Meksin | Assistant Professor, Department of Art