April 2021: International Practice
The world is changing, and AN’s April issue looks at how architects are navigating this uncertain period. News articles analyze the potential effects of Brexit on U.S. practices, what historical reconstruction looks like in Berlin, and more. Feature articles look at design principles of the many Indigenous nations of North America and what the wider architecture world can learn from them.
This issue also spotlights new technologies for architects and designers alongside a preview of the annual Tech+ conference on May 20.
- Studio Visit: Fala Atelier/li>
- SOM’s Project Commodore in New York City
- In Detail: Neumann Monson’s 111 East Grand
- Review: When Practice Becomes Form: Carpentry Tools from Japan
- Review: Modern Architecture: A Critical History, fifth edition
- “In Case You Missed It,” the monthly news roundup