Best of 2022
We are excited to share our Best of 2022 issue digitally. The issue announces the many deserving winners of AN’s 2022 Best of Design Awards. Our awards program celebrates outstanding built and unbuilt architectural, interiors, and landscape projects in a range of categories, from cultural destinations to temporary installations. Considering the sheer breadth of the work represented here, it’s difficult to draw a common theme, although it’s clear that formal invention matters as much as the desire to do environmental and social good. Through an intense deliberation process, our esteemed jury—James Burnett, Tei Carpenter, Sekou Cooke, Felecia Davis, Gabriela Etchegaray, and Ron Stelmarski, Aaron Seward, and Jack Murphy—selected the best projects from a bumper crop year of strong submissions.
· An interview with Andrés Jaque, founder of Office for Political Innovation and dean of Columbia GSAPP
· An interview with Kimberly Dowdell, marketing principal for HOK and the upcoming AIA president in 2024
· An interview with Luca Nichetto, a multidisciplinary designer from Venice
· The winners, honorable mentions, and editors’ picks from AN’s 2022 Best of Practice Awards
· The winners, honorable mentions, and editors’ picks from AN’s 2022 Best of Products Awards