January 2020: Residential Construction
This year’s January issue keeps it cool by focusing on the architecture of the Mountain West and Circumpolar North regions of the United States. For the features, our writers talked to Alaska’s Cold Climate Housing Research Center and zipped through the history of Oregon’s built environment.
The news stories cover developments across the Rockies region, including Montana’s Tippet Rise sculpture landscape, the renovation of the Salt Lake City Temple, and LTL’s work in Telluride.
The issue also notes the opening of Olson Kundig’s Tillamook Creamery, Atkin Olshin Schade Architects’ Owe’neh Bupingeh renovation, and other Mountain West buildings and exhibitions.
The special products section breaks down details of residential construction, looking at what goes into building quality homes.
- Studio Visit: Hacker Architects
- Eavesdrop: No mo’ MoMA PS1 YAP?
- Editorial: Don’t let Los Angeles become New York
- Review: Modernism’s Visible Hand
- Review: 2019 Oslo Architecture Triennale
- “In Case You Missed It,” the monthly news roundup