July/August 2022: Glass special section
The Focus section of our July/August 2022 issue features glass in several ways. From windows to skylights to art installations, glass filters how we see the world. The case studies in this special section, all projects in New York City, were written by Catherine Chattergoon, Monty Rush, and Ekam Singh, AN’s New Voices in Architectural Journalism fellows. The program was sponsored by Pratt and AN. Additionally, AN’s product pages showcase a variety of glass uses, from protective exteriors to textural interiors.
· An essay about the expanded uses and effects of glass by architect, educator, and writer Aki Ishida
· Case Study: Snøhetta’s SUMMIT One Vanderbilt, an immersive Midtown attraction
· Case Study: Beyer Blinder Belle’s “attic” renovations to the Metropolitan Museum of Art
· Case Study: RSHP’s No. 33 Park Row, a new residential building in Lower Manhattan
· Products: decorative glass; bird-safe glass; barriers, coatings & films; high-performance glass; insulated glass