May 2022: Facades
AN is excited to share the digital version of our May 2022 issue with you. The issue includes a special extended Focus section on facades that celebrates ten years of Facades+, our conference series that empowers the facade design community. Trends, reviews, features, case studies, and products are included in this in-depth section. Other features include a review of the new book Swissness Applied: Learning from New Glarus and two Chicago critics writing about developments in their city. Critics also review Selldorf Architects’ expansion of the Museum of Contemporary Art in San Diego, Diller Scofidio + Renfro’s two new buildings for Columbia University, and Adjaye Associates’ new Winter Park Library in Florida. Flip through to check out the full issue, online now.
- An account of a resolved legal battle between Marlon Blackwell Architects and HBG Design
- A site visit to Studio Gang’s Glider Center, now under construction at the American Museum of Natural History
- A report on AIA members calling for the organization to address workplace conditions
- Tribute: Christopher Alexander, 1936–2022
- Studio Visit: Davidson Rafailidis
- And much more