October/November 2022: Landscape special section
The Landscape Focus section of our October/November 2022 issue focuses on current projects and products within the world of landscape architecture and urbanism. In addition to case studies about four terrain-focused efforts, the section begins with an essay by Thomas Woltz of Nelson Byrd Woltz, who writes in part about his firm’s work to reimagine Memorial Park in Houston, anticipated to open early next year. Additionally, AN’s product pages showcase finishes and fixtures to consider for your next outdoor improvement.
· Case Study: Three projects in the San Francisco Bay Area by Surfacedesign, Spiegel Aihara Workshop, and Hood Design Studio
· Case Study: MNLA’s work on improving Hudson Square through streetscape standards, new parks, and the redesign of Hudson Street
· Pictorial: New York’s scaffolding-clad vistas, as seen by photographer Leonid Furmansky
· Review: Parks for Profit: Selling Nature in the City by Kevin Loughran, reviewed by Michael Nicholas
· Products: furnishings, lighting, performance textiles, and pavers