Winter 2021: Timber
Our third timber issue keeps readers abreast of the latest and greatest in mass timber design and construction. An interview with Harvard’s Jennifer Bonner and Hanif Kara probes the physical and conceptual possibilities of CLT, and our annual timber map takes stock of the industry across the United States and Canada.
Those looking for design inspiration will find much to explore, including numerous case studies from across the country and a studio visit with Boston-based firm Leers Weinzapfel Associates, which has emerged as a regional leader in mass timber architecture. Thorough product listings supplementing the project profiles will be a helpful resource for any specifying architect.
- 2021 U.S. Wood Design Awards winners
- In Construction: Idaho Central Credit Union Arena
- Comment: Kiel Moe on mass timber’s relationship to forestry
- Pictorial: NADAAA’s 2021 Venice Architecture Biennale Pavilion
- “In Case You Missed It,” a roundup of the year’s timber news