Arquine extends the deadline of your project for the Arquine Competition No. 23 Meeting Point. With the aim of offering those who are already registered, a longer period to work on the project and continue to reflect on how will be the space where we will meet again in 2021 to experience the public space.
After twenty-two years summoning specific ideas and proposals, Arquine invites you to speculate on new ways of using the public space, focused on the design of a meeting point where proximity and encounter are the mail characteristics.
A device, a prototype, an installation or artifact must be proposed to encourage people to meet and build trust in celebrating the city in community. The proposal must be replicable, scalable, accessible, inclusive, with the possibility of adaptation to diverse context, low cost and fast execution. It can be a closed or roofed space, or you can also think about open, flexible or dispersed proposals.
We want to invite you to think about the possibility of humanizing our cities, of reinventing the use of the urban environment in a creative, versatile and economical way. A meeting point that, when built as part of MEXTRÓPOLI 2021, will allow us to meet again.
– January 25th Registration deadline.
– January 29th Deadline to send the proposals for this call.
– February 8 Jury’s verdict
– February 15th Announcement of the winners in La Hora Arquine program from 5:00 p.m. (Mexico City time).
Publication of the winning and finalist projects on arquine.com
– February 22nd Interview with first place winners in La Hora Arquine
– March Activation of the first-place winning project *
The winning and selected projects will be published in Arquine magazine No.95 and those responsible for the winning proposal will be interviewed.
* Date subject to change according to the conditions due to the pandemic situation.