Demystify New York State’s 2015 Energy Conservation Construction Code with Conquer the Code, a training course to help architects and engineers design more energy-efficient buildings. In an era of improved code enforcement, the course provides critical knowledge about significant changes, new provisions, and best practices to avoid objections and stalled projects. Attend one of our courses for a look at the new energy code and to understand what it means for your daily work.
Each course is led by a certified instructor with more than five years of professional architecture or engineering experience, a passion for sustainability, and in-depth knowledge of the green building industry. Learn how to conquer the energy code from an expert designer of commercial, institutional, industrial, single-family and/or multi-family buildings that exceed energy code requirements.
Conquer the Code starts with the basics of energy code design and construction requirements, teaches the breadth of the residential/commercial provisions and ends with clarification of the documentation and inspection processes.
The course covers:
- All mandatory prescriptive requirements and the context behind these provisions
- How to navigate the code and find relevant information
- How to evaluate and select the right compliance path for various projects
- What documentation is needed to show compliance
- What to expect at progress inspections
- How to improve design team communication to reduce barriers to compliance
The class is not intended for people who want to learn energy modeling or how to use COMcheck or REScheck, but will teach you the prescriptive requirements that underlie those programs.