The city of Suncheon seeks for ideas for the Suncheon Art Platform to be built on the site with rich historical trails. The Suncheon Art Platform is composed of an art center, a visitor center, and the new Yeonja-ru. The Art center will be a place for cultural exchanges between the local community and the visitors to Suncheon. The Visitor Center will be a hub for Suncheon urban tour. The new Yeonja-ru will be a new iconic landmark of the city through creative interpretation of the old. Reassembling historic assets scattered throughout the city in tandem with the ongoing Urban Regeneration Projects, the Suncheon Art Platform will play a crucial role in cultivating cultural heritage of the city and revitalizing the economy of the Old City.
Mar 11, 2016: Closing date for inquiries
Mar 21, 2016: Answers to inquires (to be notified on the competition website)
Apr 15, 2016: Closing date for Registration
May 25, 2016: Closing date for Submissions
Jun 3-5, 2016: Jury Deliberation
Jun 6, 2016: Announcement of results on the competition website
July 1-15, 2016: Award Ceremony and Exhibition
All registered or non-registered professionals around the globe. All current students and matriculated experts who majored in architecture, city planning, and related fields. Although there is no limit to the number of members in a team, duplicate registration is prohibited. Multidisciplinary teams are encouraged. If participants choose to submit as a team, each team must appoint a representative. * Students should be advised from a professor/instructor whose name should be stated in the registration form under ‘Advisor’ * In the case when ‘advisor’ is used, all rights regarding the proposition belong to the students not the advisor
PRIZES AND AWARDS
1st place (a person or a team): USD $60,000
2nd place (a person or a team): USD $40,000
3rd place (3 persons or teams): USD $10,000 each
Honorable mentions (Majority): Plaque
*If the client, the city of Suncheon, decides to advance the winning project for realization, a separate contract could be made between the city of Suncheon and the author of the first prize project as architect by forming a consortium with architect/architectural firm registered in South Korea.
Francisco Sanin (Colombia)
Keith VanDerSys (United States)
Hyunjun Mihn (South Korea)
Junsung Kim (South Korea)
Deputy Juror (Appointed by UIA)
Closing date for Registration: April 15, 2016
1. Fill out the registration form. Register via the competition website (http://www.siac.kr).
2. Pay registration fee online via the website.
3. Wait for confirmation email from the organizer.
Registration fee: USD $100 (KRW ₩100,000)
1. Submissions Checklist: After completing the required attachments, submit them in printed form.
2. Registration Form: Fill out the registration form and print. Insert the registration form into a non-transparent envelope. Include the PIN number on the outside of the envelope. This envelope will be opened after the final judgment.
3. Drawing Sheets: 3 sheets of A1 sized paper (landscape orientation, see Drawing Sheet Specification)
4. Design Description: 2 sheets of A3 sized paper (portrait orientation, see Design Description Specification)
5. Area Calculation: After completing of the area calculation form submit it in printed form.
6. CD or DVD – Include:
– Folder name: PIN number
– File list: Drawing Sheets (pdf, CMYK, 300dpi)
– Design Description (pdf, CMYK, 300dpi)
– Perspective Drawings, Sketches, Diagrams (jpeg, CMYK, 300dpi)
– Written text of Design Description (Microsoft Word Document, only include plain text without pictures, tables and so on.)
Competition Organizer and Secretariat:
Daegu Architectural Culture Confederation (DACC)
27, Apsansunhwan-ro 89-gil, Nam-gu, Daegu, 42490, Rep. of KOREA
Further competition details at http://www.siac.kr/