Development Site Advisors® is seeking an Architect with NYC Zoning and Feasibility knowledge. You will focus on research and due diligence of potential development sites in NYC. With your expertise in this area, you will conduct market research, zoning analysis, financial analysis, valuation and articulate massing’s of multiple potential scenarios.
You will lead the analytical aspects of the real estate valuation process to enable sound decision making of the best development scenarios. Subsequently, you will actively participate in development concepts to find the highest and best use and to formulate development alternatives.
This position will work closely with Principals and Directors who are experts in specific neighborhoods in NYC. Moreover, you will gain exposure to the most complex asset class in commercial real estate through our Development Site / Neighborhood Focused Platform™.
- Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate Development or Architecture
- NYC Zoning knowledge: Commercial, Residential and Manufacturing uses and zones
- Apply zoning knowledge to create development massing scenarios
- Knowledge in real estate concepts: capitalization rates, data metrics, comparable sales, vacancy rates and residual land value
- Ability to synthesize highest and best use scenarios and facilitate decision making
- Strong analytical, valuation and financial modeling skills
- Attention to detail and the capacity to adapt to different tasks
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites, 3D modeling tools, Rhino, Sketchup, etc, Costar, ZOLA, and Adobe Creative Suite
development site advisors®
135 E 57th Street, 18th Floor
New York, New York 10022