Summary of Responsibilities
The Senior Architect is responsible for the technical planning of a complex and diverse range of projects including mixed-use, high rise, office, medical office building, and industrial. The Senior Architect will be accountable for the technical specifications and construction administration of assigned projects. Additionally, the Senior Architect will lead the team to leverage existing construction technology platforms and communicate best practices regarding those technologies across the department.
Essential Job Functions
- Advanced skills in research, planning, and preparation of construction documents.
- Primary involvement in construction administration, construction technology, and review and preparation of project documentation
- Perform in-depth architectural and engineering coordination quality control checks
- Participate in client meetings and presentations
- Performing Building Code analysis and interpretation
- Developing and coordinating technical details for building enclosure
- Developing and implementing Specifications for projects
- Assisting VP of Architecture in developing project budgets
- Assuring appropriate quality of final project design for both internal and external customers, and compliance with project scope, budget and schedule
- Reviewing project final design documents for accuracy, completeness, and code compliance
- Performing construction administration activities, including site visits to review compliance of construction with documents, and timely review of shop drawing and other submittals
- Soliciting, awarding and managing consultant contracts for civil, structural, landscaping, interior design and other required disciplines, and coordinating them with one another and with Neyer Architects, Inc.
- Mentoring and guiding architectural personnel on architectural technology, detailing, building code and construction administration
- Multi-tasking on projects
Additional Job Functions
- Assisting construction Project Managers in preparation of permit applications and development of bid packages
- Assisting Project Managers in selection of subcontractors
- Participating with the design team in advancing the design and preparation of design development and construction documents
- Other duties as assigned from time to time by supervisor
- Some travel will be required
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Architecture or Master of Architecture degree
- Registered Architect
- 15 years post-graduate experience in the practice of architecture with emphasis on commercial construction
- Mixed use, high rise construction, complex buildings experience required.
- Significant and demonstrated experience in architectural technologies, code analysis and specifications
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Revit
- Thought leader and resource to Design-Build Team; helps to cultivate the technical development of architecture team
Safety Hazard of the Job
Normal safety hazards associated with office work, and with occasional observational visits to construction sites.
Low physical effort required to sit, stand at files, bend, stoop, lift, and walk. Maximum unassisted lift is 35 lbs. Average lift is less than 10 lbs. Requires ability to use a keyboard and monitor. Also requires the ability to communicate verbally, both in person and on the telephone. May require some travel by car.
Average inside office environment. Average office noise levels. No personal protective equipment is required. Ambient temperature is between 68F and 76F.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. The employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by their immediate supervisor and other management as required. This job description is not a contract or offer for employment, and either you or Al. Neyer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Al. Neyer is a 126-year old employee-owned company operating in four markets including Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Nashville and Raleigh. Our company’s growth is fueled by a strong commitment to our core values and the constant cultivation of a best-in-class team. Rooted in design-build construction, our development approach integrates all functions in-house including design, project management, finance, leasing, and ongoing portfolio management.
We put a high premium on the kind of people who dig the details and have the skills to orchestrate them to perfection in a high-energy environment. Because of our longevity, reputation and vision, you will have the opportunity to work on compelling office, residential, industrial and mixed-use projects in the Midwest and Southeast regions.
Building pride in the community is at the heart of what we do. Not only do we help revitalize urban neighborhoods and support suburban communities embracing a future-forward perspective, our employee-owners commit their talent, time, and treasure to many area causes. Across each of our markets, our employee-owners are actively engaged in community-based or non-profit organizations. Taking ownership by giving back is a part of what Al. Neyer is and always will be.
Here at Al. Neyer, we pride ourselves on a culture that inspires, challenges, supports, and rewards our employee-owners. Our passion is contagious, our sleeves are always rolled up, and our doors are open at all times to new inventive, collaborative team members.