City of West Hollywood's Urban Design & Architecture Studio is looking for a design-oriented URBAN DESIGNER with diverse, multiple skill sets who can promote design thinking and environmentally responsive solutions through strong graphic communication skills, 3D modeling expertise, familiarity with land use and zoning policy, and capacity to generate and analyze proposed design solutions. Successful candidates must also demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively with private property owners, developers, community members, decision makers and other stakeholders. In addition, ideal candidates also would demonstrate a capacity to elevate public awareness and share knowledge about the built environment in public settings. The position is a design-based position, however it does also include some administrative and management tasks as well as collaborating on a frequent basis with colleagues in other divisions or departments.
For detail job description, list of duties, please review our job bulletin by visiting our employment site www.weho.org/jobs
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Urban Design, Architecture or closely related field; Master's degree in Architecture or related field is preferable; and,
- Four to five years of progressively responsible experience; or,
- Any combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Licensed Architect (Required)
- AIA, Member (Preferred)
- Possession of or ability to maintain a valid California driver's license
Application Deadline: Tuesday, June 1, 2020 at 5:00pm PDT
Online application only. Late application will not be accepted.
Please visit www.weho.org/jobs to review job details and to submit your application.
To be considered for the position, your application must include:
- Education and Work History
- Proof of Certification/Licensure (Licensed Architect)
- Detail response to Supplemental Questions
- Attachments: Writing Samples & Portfolio (file size no larger than 10MB, see supplemental questions for details)
Attention to: Human Resources Division