New York–based ReThink Studio is on a mission to transform how the Big Apple’s transportation system works, from the L Train shutdown to a new Penn Station and a vastly improved subway and regional train network.
Urbanists, architects, and transportation aficionados (you know who you are) alike won’t want to miss ReThink Studio Principal Jim Venturi in conversation with:
- Sam Schwartz, president, CEO + founder, engineering and planning firm Sam Schwartz Consulting
- Dr. Vukan R. Vuchic, professor emeritus of UPenn’s Dept. of Electrical Systems and Engineering – Transportation
- Christoper Jones, senior vice president and chief planner, Regional Plan Association
- Sam Roberts, reporter, columnist and editor, The New York Times
- Gina Pollara, ReThink Studio
- Lane Rick, ReThink Studio
The discussion—free and open to the public—will focus on ReThink Studio’s 2050 plan for New York City and will be held at The Great Hall at The Cooper Union, May 9, 6:30 to 8:30 pm. It will be moderated by William Menking, editor-in-chief of The Architect’s Newspaper.
For more on ReThink Studio, see their website here.