Feb/Mar 2020: Wood Construction
Timberrrrrrr! For our third annual timber issue, we looked at the future of wood design in North America. In collaboration with WoodWorks, an educational arm of the Wood Products Council, we updated our map of the timber industry with relevant schools, organizations, manufacturers, and planned factories from coast to coast. We talked to four designers shaping timber’s high-tech future with cutting edge software and fabrication techniques, and reported on new international and local building codes that allow mass timber buildings to rise to new heights.
The wood construction products supplement delivers the latest in fasteners and non-combustible cladding along with case studies of new timber buildings by Jennifer Bonner of MALL, modus studio, and NADAAA. We also surveyed leading timber engineers on what they consider to be today’s standout structures.
Also in this issue, we profile the Architectural League of New York’s annual class of Emerging Voices, a selection of young firms from the United States, Canada, and Mexico.
- Studio Visit: LEVER Architecture
- 2020 U.S. WoodWorks Wood Design Awards
- What is the future of Katerra?
- Harvard Graduate School of Design Mass Timber Symposium
- Rogers Partners uses CLT for new nanotech factory
- Comment: California must work quickly to adopt mass timber
- “In Case You Missed It,” the roundup of the year’s biggest timber news