The Seoul Metropolitan Government, in an effort to put people first in developing a conceptual design for a metropolitan mass-transit hub in Youngdongdaero, plans to organize an international invited design competition.
The first stage of this design competition will consist of a qualifying evaluation process; three to seven teams that qualify will be invited to take part in the international invited competition.
Hence, we would like to receive applications for teams that will be put through this shortlisting selection process. All teams that wish to participate are encouraged to submit a Request for qualifications(RFQ) by following the guidelines provided below.
To participate, a team must be comprised of professionals (individuals or firms) from each of the following areas of expertise.
– Requisite Disciplines : Architecture│Urban Planning│Civil Engineering│ Transportation
– Optional Disciplines : Relevant areas, such as eco-friendly and/or real-estate/development
※ A Korean architectural firm must be included
2. RFQ (Request for Qualifications) Submission
– Date : (Wednesday) June 21, 2017. Between 10:00~17:00 (KST)
– Method of Submission : by visit at 5th Floor, Premier Place Bldg., Cheonggyecheon-ro 8, Joong-gu, Seoul, Korea
3. Team Selection Criteria (※ subject to change)
① Fitness of team composition & organization (50%)
② Prior experience in comparable project (15%)
③ Basic design concept & understanding of the project (35%)
※ For more detail, please refer to the official website (http://www.project.seoul.go.kr).